The Nottingham Centre for Evidence Based Healthcare would like to inform about an opportunity to apply for a full time PhD scholarship to study in the School of Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK.
The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and approximately £8,500 per year for living costs – for a 3 year period.
The PhD proposal must address a topic in the broad area of public health, health promotion, health screening or prevention science, and must involve an evidence synthesis (systematic review), possibly leading to some pilot/feasibility work or implementation study. The PhD can be orientated to any professional discipline (nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, medicine, medical sociology etc)
The PhD would start in September 2015.
The process for application is in 2 stages, as follows:
1. Make an application for PhD study to the School of Health Sciences, University of Nottingham: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/healthsciences/postgraduate/apply/index.aspx
2. The application will need to include a comprehensive research proposal. State in the application form that you are applying to study through the Centre for Evidence Based Healthcare.
3. The application will be reviewed by Professor Fiona Bath-Hextall and Dr. Catrin Evans (from the Centre for Evidence Based Healthcare). They will request an interview (probably via Skype).
4. If the application and the interview are of a high standard, you will be offered a place to study for a PhD. You must accept this offer to move on to stage 2 of the scholarship application (see below).
5. The deadline for making an application to the School is February 2015.
6. Candidates must have an excellent academic background and excellent English language skills (IELTS of 6.5 or above).
1. Once you have an offer from the School of Health Sciences, apply to the ‘University of Nottingham’s Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for Research Excellence (EU)’: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/internationalstudents/scholarshipsfeesfinance/scholarships/scholarshipdetails/research-eu.aspx
2. The deadline for applying to this scholarship will be early May 2015.
3. Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome at the end of May 2015.
Please note – this is a competitive process so success cannot be guaranteed.